Tuesday, July 12, 2011

229. Waiting

Be cheerful no matter what; pray all the time; thank God no matter what happens. This is the way God wants you who belong to Christ Jesus to live. 
1 Thessalonians 5:16-18, The Message



For the past couple of months I have been keeping a thankful journal.  After reading Ann Voskamp's  One Thousand Gifts  I knew I had to keep one also.  It has become a way that I worship God.  When I write down what I am thankful for it helps me to praise God and focus on him the way I should! 



This month at church our sermon series is on worship and David said something on Sunday that really struck me...are we letting God into the secret places of our heart or are we just keeping him where we want him? (Tracy's wording)  I know I do exactly that! Yesterday as I was looking back in my journal I realized I had thanked God for lots of awesome things...Jason, our kids, flowers,coffee, clean water, salvation, grace and on and on but I hadn't thanked him for the hard things.  Of course that is the whole point of Ann's book...thanking God for the hard things and bad things. Thanksgiving in everything...worship in every situation! Well, I hadn't done that yet.

So...here goes number 229. I am thankful for Waiting.  UGH!! That one is tough to put down!  I don't like waiting. I want J home right now!!  I don’t like not being the one who is in control of this process. I don't like not knowing the timing. I want to be the one putting him to bed and I want to read him books and be the one who gives him  hugs and kisses right now!  But there was such freedom and joy that came from writing that down!  Yes I thank you God that your timing is perfect and you  know more than I do! I thank you that in the waiting you are molding me and changing me to be more like your son! I thank you that this is for your glory!  So, I praise God for the waiting!!

I hope this song blesses you as much as it has me!

3 comments:

  1. I love you so much, Tracy! And your words about waiting are beautiful!! They resonate deep within me as we've had the same struggles with "the wait". Giving it all over to THE ONE who holds time in His hands is such a freeing experience. :) Proud of you and proud to call you my friend.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad we connected! Praying for you friend:) Love your blog by the way!! Would love to chat sometime!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Such great encouragement Tracey and right on time. Had a set back this week (not adoption related) have been very frustrated and upset. But, I agree with you. We have to be thankful even for the hard things b/c whether we like it or not God is in control of those things also. Love you girl and continuing to pray J home soon.

    ReplyDelete