Monday, April 4, 2011

In this moment...

Why is it always easier to look towards the next thing than to focus on the here and now?  I can remember looking forward to getting  married, then buying our home, then having kids, then the kids walking and talking etc. etc.  Before I knew it I'd wished my life away. 

We have tried so hard with the adoption journey we are on, to not be looking towards the next thing.  That is easier said than done. It can consume you and it does! With homestudy appointments, and doctor's appointments, passport appointments, and paperwork, paperwork and more paperwork to get notarized, it is easy to get caught up in the next thing!! Thankfully last fall I was in a small group Bible study with a great group of women.  I had a good friend say that she was going to focus on the here and now instead of looking toward the next big event in her life and honor God during the waiting, during the dry seasons, during the hard times, during the times when control is not in our hands! She wanted to learn what he had to teach her in each moment and not miss it because of looking towards tomorrow!  That struck a cord with me.  So, as we sit  here in the U.S. and we have a child half a world away from us (which if I focus on too long brings me to tears) it is easy to get caught up in when will he get home but that could consume our thoughts each moment of the day and we would miss out on what our other two beautiful gifts are doing right now. We are trying to be thankful for each and every day, and trying to honor God in each moment!



Love
Tracy

1 comment:

  1. To live in the moment and to focus on doing the right thing here and now is great advice for all aspect of our lives. :)

    ReplyDelete