Tuesday, April 12, 2011

I-600A and a recipe!!

We still haven't received our clearance from the USCIS.  I spoke with them today and she said that it should be soon but we haven't even been assigned an officer to look at our case yet!   So, please pray for this clearance to come and come quickly.  We have all of our other paperwork ready to go!! 

So, after speaking to USCIS, I decided I needed to go ahead and bake something with chocolate...that always helps, right?!!   I pulled out my favorite granola bar recipe.  I found this recipe over at www.confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com  and it is so yummy...I had to share!

Granola Bars

Ingredients
  • 2 cups of rolled oats
  • 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
  • 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
  • 1 cup whole wheat flour
  • 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (other options: raisins, craisins, white chocolate chips)
  • 3/4 teaspoon salt
  • 1/2 cup honey
  • 1 egg beaten
  • 1/2 cup coconut oil  (you have to melt this!  I melt it for about 30 seconds in the microwave)
  • 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
Directions:
1. Preheat oven to 350.  Grease your 9x13 baking pan.

2. Mix together dry ingredients, then make a well in the center and add the honey, beaten egg, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract.  Mix Well.  Pat the mixture evenly into the baking dish.

3.Bake for about 30-35 minutes.  If you want them softer bake 30 minutes and for crunchier bars bake for 35 minutes.  Cool for 5 minutes and then cut into bars and remove from dish while still warm (otherwise you will not be able to get them out!!!!).  ENJOY!!



Love
Tracy

5 comments:

  1. Keep you receipt USCIS gave you. You may want to copy it since the ink fades. IRS needs this receipt:) The recipe sounds yummy!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks, Becky! I didn't even think to copy it...so thankful for you all who have already done this!! :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Keep calling USCIS...they told us for weeks we had to been assigned an officer, and then found out they had entered our case # wrong into the system, and our real file was just sitting somewhere. Keep pushing and asking!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad you're blogging! Just caught up. Thinking of you lots as you get closer and closer to bringing that sweet boy home!

    PS We make these same bars! I got the recipe from a cousin who got them from that blog too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I'm going to have to try this recipe, too! Sounds so good. I'm praying for you guys and your USCIS approval! xoxo

    ReplyDelete