So, after speaking to USCIS, I decided I needed to go ahead and bake something with chocolate...that always helps, right?!! I pulled out my favorite granola bar recipe. I found this recipe over at www.confessionsofahomeschooler.blogspot.com and it is so yummy...I had to share!
- 2 cups of rolled oats
- 3/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1 cup whole wheat flour
- 1/4 cup of chocolate chips (other options: raisins, craisins, white chocolate chips)
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup honey
- 1 egg beaten
- 1/2 cup coconut oil (you have to melt this! I melt it for about 30 seconds in the microwave)
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
1. Preheat oven to 350. Grease your 9x13 baking pan.
2. Mix together dry ingredients, then make a well in the center and add the honey, beaten egg, melted coconut oil, and vanilla extract. Mix Well. Pat the mixture evenly into the baking dish.
3.Bake for about 30-35 minutes. If you want them softer bake 30 minutes and for crunchier bars bake for 35 minutes. Cool for 5 minutes and then cut into bars and remove from dish while still warm (otherwise you will not be able to get them out!!!!). ENJOY!!