Friday, April 8, 2011

Community

As I sat in an international adoption support group last night I couldn't help but think of community.  I sat there listening to these families who have already come home with their children share their wisdom with our family and love on us...I just thought to myself how blessed we are to have the community that we do! I thought back to when we began this journey and the encouragement and support we got from family and dear friends. I thought back to this week and how friends from high school, friends from college, friends in other cities, Charlotte friends, new friends who are adopting... offered support whether it was an encouraging word, prayer or financial support and I was blown away with our community! I thought of our online community of fellow adopting families who are experiencing the same highs and lows we are  and how they are there to answer questions and to cheer us on!!  I thought immediately to the two churches that have shown  Christ to us since we began this process.  The Center City Church (which is the church we attend) and the Queen City Church. Each one of these bodies of believers have loved on us, prayed for us, supported us financially and helped us to fundraise.  Adopting is not easy, as I am sure you all know. Alot of times when we have  shared we are adopting, we have gotten  mixed reviews!! You get the whole lecture on the cost (which is a post for another day!!). You get questions and comments that come out of people's mouths with no filters and it is easy to feel alone, to feel discouraged.  But when those moments come we think about all of you and the blessing that you are to us and we don't feel alone in this!  So, thank you for supporting us and loving on us and demonstrating Christ's love for us!

Happy Friday!!
Love
Tracy

Above all, love each other deeply, because love covers over a multitude of sins.  Offer hospitality to one another without grumbling. Each one should use whatever gift he has received to serve others, faithfully administering God's grace in its various forms.  1 Peter 4:8-10

2 comments:

  1. Love you guys and so glad we get to share in this journey with you! We are never shocked anymore by the unfiltered words people say. If only they would understand that sometimes saying nothing is better than saying something you can't take back.

    ReplyDelete
  2. So excited to meet you guys and hope you continue to be part of our group. Funny how I just posted about the idea of support on my blog!

    ReplyDelete