Friday, March 15, 2013

Beloved


Why is it so hard to sometimes just accept the love that God has for me? The love that sent  his only son to die in my place.  It is easy for me to get caught up in thinking I need to do things to earn that love, or that he is more pleased with me when I am doing "more things" for him but that is simply not true. Satan wants us to believe that God's love is contingent on what we do,but it is not about that, it is about what Christ has already done.  He loves you and me and we are his beloved. He loves us because that is who he is!

Beth Templeton played this video during one of the breakout sessions at a retreat I attended last weekend for adoptive and foster moms, called Created for Care.  Watch and be blessed!





The Lord your God is with you, the Mighty Warrior who saves.  He will take great delight in you; in his love he will no longer rebuke you, but will rejoice over you with singing.
Zephaniah 3:17


2 comments:

  1. I'm learning this message through giving. Going through a point recently where God is telling us that He just wants us, not giving because we're being told to. He is freeing us from "giving guilt" as we have coined it here:) Thanks for posting encouragement today! God is stirring us up!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is so crazy! I almost posted Graham's words this week after they struck me deeply once again as I listened to them on a long flight home after a busy weekend at work in California. So comforting, like a warm blanket. Thanks for sharing!

    ReplyDelete