Tuesday, December 18, 2012

ways to help


Just like everyone else  I can't think about the victims or pray for their friends and family  without getting tears in my eyes.  It is beyond words and comprehension.  I am so thankful that I can go to God on behalf of these families. I am thankful that he is the great Comforter because I am at a loss.  Joanna has listed on her blog, A Cup of Jo, some other ways we can help.  She has named some local organizations that we can give a donation to that will go directly to the families of the victims.  Joanna has also given the school address.  To send a letter or card of love to the school and parents the address is:  

Sandy Hook Elementary School
12 Dickerson Drive
Newtown, CT. 06482


If you want to honor these children and adults who lost their lives in a more permament way, I can't think of a more fitting honor to them than to help another child go to school.  In other parts of the world, attending school is a luxury and one that most families can't afford.  There are so many incredible organizations out there helping others but our family can personally recommend The Kilgoris Project and Compassion International.
It's not how much we give, but how much love we put into giving.
-Mother Teresa


Love
Tracy
                                                    

No comments:

Post a Comment