Monday, May 16, 2011

Parenting from the Overflow

Wait...to stay or rest in expectation, remain in a state of repose or inaction, as until something expected happens

Patient...bearing misfortune, provocation, annoyance,delay,hardship,pain etc with fortitude and calm and without complaint, anger or the like

We are waiting right now and praying to be patient!  Because honestly we have no choice...it is completely out of our hands.  BUT...it is so hard.  I have not done a good job of being patient...with fortitude and calm with out complaint or anger.  These past couple of weeks have been a challenge and I have not done a good job of exhibiting the fruits of the Spirit!



So, when I saw Teri Lynne's book Parenting from the Overflow, I knew I needed to read it.  Just like I shared a book for Moms of boys last week this is the book for Moms of girls! It challenges us to remember that we are not only parents but also children who are still learning.  Honestly, I have never thought about parenting from the overflow...but doesn't it make sense?  If I am not allowing God to fill me up daily how in the world can I expect to point my children towards Jesus?!


My heart is set on being a child who first sits at the feet of her Father, who calls out for His
guidance and leans on His Word. And as I focus on being the child He created, I am sure of this:
better part” … and that I won’t get so focused on being a parent I forget I am also a child. He will give me the wisdom to parent the child He has entrusted me. - Teri Lynne  

But the fruit of the Spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness,
faithfulness, gentleness, self -control: against such things there is no law.  Galatians 5:22-23 

 Teri Lynne uses the fruit of the Spirit to encourage us Moms to parent from the overflow...we must be filled with the Lord so that he overflows from our lives!  So go on over to Teri Lynne's website http://www.terilynneu.com/  and get yourself a copy for only $5.00.  All of the proceeds from this book go to the Mercy House.  If you haven't heard of the Mercy House go to their website http://www.mercyhousekenya.org/ and check them out...phenomenal ministry. 

Please continue to pray for little J and our family!
Love
Tracy



1 comment:

  1. Love love love this!!!! Been resting in His ability and timing not my own and that is where the peace comes. Keep on keeping on and know you are loved and prayed for.

    ReplyDelete