Sunday, September 22, 2013

a good book and a few things

I have really enjoyed reading Brooke McGlothlin's new ebook, How to Control Your Emotions So they don't control you. As a mom, I have blown it before... I've been angry and frustrated with my children and have acted out from that emotionally negative place.  I have let my emotions control me instead of the other way around. I think it is easy to feel like you're alone and to feel like a failure in those moments. In her book, Brooke shares her own personal struggles with her emotions and reminds us that we are not alone, but actually in a pretty common battle. She uses Biblical truth to point us toward God and toward his grace and power that can help us as we submit our emotions to him. 
I highly encourage you to read this.  It's only five chapters and is available for $3.99 right now.   


This song. 




Jessi from Naptime Diaries created this free printable  from the song, Ocean. A good reminder to have hanging on my wall.



We went on our first family vacation as  five last week.  We had a great time at the beach.  Jonathan wasn't so sure of the ocean at first, but by the end of the long weekend he was riding the waves like a pro (on Dad's back)!







Love
Tracy

No comments:

Post a Comment