Wednesday, June 6, 2012

I had heard of you

I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear,
    but now my eyes see you;
Job 42:5

 I admit Job is not one of those books in the Bible that I just gravitate towards because honestly it just kicks my tail. Job was not perfect in his waiting but his reaction to his circumstances always amazes me...every time I read it.  When I got to the end of the book recently and read I had heard of you by the hearing of the ear, but now my eyes see you;  it was one of those V8 moments. How have I missed this stateemnt before?  It is so profound.  Job had heard about God his whole life but it wasn't until he suffered and became totally helpless that he really saw Him and got to experience Him.  It is in the waiting times, the hard times in life when we really experience God.  It is not that he isn't there all the time, but I know  in my own life when things are just going along and all is good, it is easy to overlook God's provision and his grace, but when I am completely helpless His provision and grace are easy to see. I don't want to suffer as I am sure you don't either but I am thankful for the gift that comes from suffering in the form of a deeper relationship with God.


Love
Tracy

3 comments:

  1. Amen! Job is an amazing book! Attitude is everything in response to God;) I am learning this daily.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amen!! I will be going over to Job and reading this! What a great scripture to meditate on and to remind myself that I may have to experience some things and suffer too, in order to see Him with my eyes! Wow! Eye-opener for sure :)

    Melanie

    ReplyDelete
  3. A beautiful reminder for another Mum like me who needs to be reminded why I am waiting!!!

    Thank you!

    ReplyDelete